Friday, January 13, 2012

To Be Resolute

An excerpt from a private blog, written January 1, 2012.


I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions, nor do I make them, but I do believe in myself. I do believe in the things stirring within me as of late. I believe in my hands and whatever power I may hold and my ability to use it for something worthwhile.

The new year is upon us already. These are not resolutions that I have made in haste, but rather, things that I will do... things that I am already doing... things I will continue to do.

...to be kind
...to be healthy
...to forgive
...to let go
...to grow


Happiness is earned, not granted. It is a fight every-single-day. I have to make the conscious decision to choose my reactions. The more aware I become, the more I set myself free... the more I grow and learn and live. I have recently realized that I have been wrong all along; happiness is not a grand destination. It isn't nirvana. It comes in little segments, from the mundane and trivial moments of glee to supreme life events. It is everything. I have missed so much because I dismissed it and forced myself to believe that happiness is everlasting. If it was only momentary, then it wasn't true happiness. I couldn't have been more wrong.

I would say that it is time to change some things, but.. I had already begun; I just didn't realize it until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment