Saturday, January 21, 2012

She's Crafty, Part I

I was introduced to Pinterest more than a year ago, but it hasn't been until the last couple months that I've really gotten into it. On any given day, I can be found perusing the site at random hours, for unhealthy lengths of time. This site has also encouraged the craft-o-holic in me. I have completed about 7 craft projects so far and have dozens more on the waiting list. Unfortunately they will probably stay there for a while since classes have started back up.

Here are a couple of the things I have made thus far:


This is probably my favorite. It is our wedding vows and Scrabble tiles; I also decided to hand-antique the paper. It is very simple. Print your verse (or whatever it is), crumple paper and smooth out. Pour enough fresh black coffee to cover paper; sprinkle with instant coffee grounds (I skipped this step), and bake at 200 degrees F for 5 minutes or until paper is dry/edges curl. I still had a lot of coffee left, so after baking, I dumped some of it until there was just a tiny layer covering the paper. I think I ended up baking mine for a total of 15 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on this!

I had left over tiles from the coaster craft. The original blogger of this idea spelled out "ALWAYS" but I was missing a few tiles. I did have enough to spell out "AMOUR" (French for love, if you didn't know). This frame is 8x10 and was on clearance for $3.00 at Wal-Mart. Place the tiles wherever you want. I super-glued mine in the middle. Frame as a regular photo. I used black Duct Tape to secure the backing since the tiles make it pop out a little.

Note: Be sure to have something underneath your paper if you are using super glue. I adhered my tiles to the counter without realizing it, HAHA. Luckily it was salvageable (and so was the counter).



This craft is so incredibly simple, I can't wait to make another. All you need is canvas, crayons, a hot glue gun, and a hair dryer. Adhere the crayons with the hot glue gun to the canvas, in any design you'd like. I started with a rainbow for my first piece. Once crayons are adhered, now you may begin the long process of melting the crayons. I propped my canvas against the wall and laid newspaper underneath, above, and on the sides to save the area from wax splashing. Melt the crayons until you have the look you desire. Voila!









Stay tuned for more crafts and a few recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment