Friday, March 25, 2011

"Break..." Ha Ha!

It has been almost two weeks since I last posted. I was first confronted with Spring Break... haha, "break", that's funny! And now I've been sick this entire week. My hearing has been reduced to about 25% as well because of it. All I can do is hope that it doesn't become as severe as Brandin's, thus sending me to the ENT.

I met last week with a long list of things I wanted to get done since I was on "break." While I did accomplish quite a bit, it still wasn't everything I had hoped. The week was over before I knew it and it felt like I hadn't even relaxed at all. Saturday night we went over to our friends' house for a cookout. After the night was over and we were readying ourselves for bed, I could feel a weird pressure in the back of my throat and my inner ears. I woke up Sunday morning sick. It's progressed every day since then. As of yesterday, my hearing was drastically affected. This week I had created a long list of things I had to get done and I've completed all but two of them, and those two being the least important. The week is not over though, I plan on editing these two sessions tonight when I get home from work.

I had several photo shoots last week! It was very exciting and busy, busy, busy. After I clock out tonight, I'll be dropping off the disc to one of my clients. Submissions begin next week for Student Show, plus the rest of the end-of-the-semester projects are beginning. I know I shouldn't be taking on clients right now, but I'm still in the hunt!

We watched Jackass 3 two times over Spring Break. We had already seen it in theatres when it first came out. It's something I grew up with. It brings back such memories watching those boys. I remember being 15 or 16 when Jackass first debuted on MTV. These guys were a big part of my youth, it's like they were my friends as well. With reminiscence comes old memories that one perhaps doesn't want to remember, i.e. my ex. Life was all about him during that time and anything associated with it spurs those memories. It's not all bad though. Life moves on just as we all do. It's okay to let go. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. Everyone makes mistakes. It's how we learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment